Questions shape our thoughts and actions because our brains immediately begin to think of answers to any question we’re asked.
With this kind of power, we need to be exquisitely careful about the questions we ask. When these questions are negative and uninspiring…
- “Why does this always have to happen?”
- “Why is business so heartless?”
- “Why can’t they just leave well enough alone?”
- “Can’t they just stop demanding so much from me?”
- “Why doesn’t he just do it himself?”
…our minds are on the lookout for answers: “You know why this always happens? Because no one really cares” or “Because business is always just about the money.”