Enjoy this excerpt from one of Blossie’s latest: Braving It!
Imagine the joy of living true to our unique selves.
- Not having to apologize for who we are or what makes us different.
- Not having to pretend — anything — so we can fit in or impress someone.
- Not feeling guilty about what we’re not good at.
- Knowing we’re enough as we are.
- Being relaxed and comfortable in our bodies, behind our eyes.
- Saying yes without fear and no without guilt.
- Not needing the approval of other people.
- Believing that we deserve good things to happen.
- Believing that we deserve to be loved just for who we are.
This is a promise
In Braving It, we’ll build the strength to tune out the negative voices and genuinely appreciate who we are as unique individuals.
We’ll build the confidence to be true to the love in our hearts for people we consciously choose to surround ourselves with.
We will learn to love our unique talents and never put these gifts down in any way, especially to make someone else feel comfortable.
We’ll cultivate the self-respect to know our choices are not wrong simply because they differ from the everyone else’s.
We’ll discover how to find or create meaningful work we truly love and show up for every day with energy and excitement.
And, so important: we will know that how we look, what brings us joy, what sucks the life out of us, how we want to spend our time… No matter how similar or different they are to everyone else’s, these choices are not right or wrong.
They are just one thing: ours.